Troubleshooting aliases.

Colin Waring freebsd at southportcomputers.co.uk
Sat Mar 17 15:30:43 UTC 2007

I'm sure I wrote out some more info than that but apparently not. I must
be getting confused as I did a description somewhere else, sorry!

Basically, .a and .d respond to pings and pass all traffic
.b and .c respond to pings but don't appear to pass any other traffic.

IPF is compiled but I've completely turned it off for testing

None of the actual configuration has changed though so I wouldn't expect
anything to show up in ifconfig any as it was all working like this
previously..

em0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        options=b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU>
        inet6 fe80::215:c5ff:fe5d:f7b7%em0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
        inet a.a.a.a netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast a.a.a.255
        inet a.a.a.b netmask 0xffffffff broadcast a.a.a.255
        inet a.a.a.c netmask 0xffffffff broadcast a.a.a.255
        inet a.a.a.d netmask 0xffffffff broadcast a.a.a.255
        ether 00:15:c5:5d:f7:b7
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <half-duplex>)
        status: active

Thanks
Colin.