em problems on supermicro 5015M-MT+

Sven Petai hadara at bsd.ee
Fri Mar 9 17:42:34 UTC 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 13:42, Sven Petai wrote:
> On Friday 09 March 2007 01:50, Jack Vogel wrote:
> > On 3/8/07, Sven Petai <hadara at bsd.ee> wrote:
> >
> > I am not sure why the 32/64 bit architecture is making a difference,
> > however, you have the 573 NIC, so before doing anything else run this DOS
> > app, it will patch your eeprom if needed, the problem is a misprogramed
> > MANC register that tends to eat packets when it shouldnt.
>
> the utility said the fix was not needed and symptoms didn't change either.
>
> > Please let me know if that helps.
> > Oh, you arent using TSO by some chance  are you?
>
> no

damn I feel so stupid right now...

it turns out that datacenter guys had just connected the
32 bit box to other switch than the 64 bit boxes and it
never really occured to me to doublecheck that part of the story.

It was really just the connection between the switches that
was broken.

sorry for the misinformation.