what is wrong with ipv6_defaultrouter ?

Jason Arnaute non_secure at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 22:35:26 UTC 2007

--- "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at freebsd.org> wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Jason Arnaute wrote:
> > (FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE)
> >
> > I have two ipv6 related lines in my /etc/rc.conf:
> >
> > ifconfig_em0_alias0="inet6 XXX::2/48"
> > ipv6_defaultrouter="XXX::1"
> >
> > When I boot like this, I do not get a default ipv6
> > route in my routing table.  'netstat -rn' shows me
> > default route for ipv4, but no default route for
> ipv6.
>
> You probably want to replace that first line with:
>
> ipv6_ifconfig_em0="XXX::2/48"
>
> Also make sure to set ipv6_enable="YES".

But the ipv6 ifconfig and the ipv6 networking all work
fine without either of those changes.  I'd prefer not
to fix anything that isn't broken ...

Are you suggesting that one or both of those changes
will cause the ipv6_defaultrouter declaration to
suddenly begin working ?

Do you use that same  ipv6_defaultrouter  declaration
in your rc.conf ?

Thanks.