New tool for TCP research [FYI]

Lawrence Stewart lstewart at room52.net
Tue Jun 26 03:45:59 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Finally managed to wrap up the code and documentation for a little
module I thought might be of interest to people on this list. We've
released the SIFTR (Statistical Information For TCP Research) code under
a BSD licence, and hope some of you may find it useful. It's a tool
mostly aimed at the TCP research community, but perhaps someone out
there might find another use for all or part of the code.

We've also made a technical report available that documents what we
learnt whilst transitioning from noob kernel hackers to guys that have a
(partial) clue. The report is certainly a useful reference for us and
people working at our research centre. We hope it will also be a useful
reference for the community to point people at who are new to kernel
hacking. The report's title is "An Introduction to FreeBSD 6 Kernel
Hacking" and has been released as Centre for Advanced Internet
Architectures Technical Report 070622A.

The code distributions and technical report can be grabbed from
http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/newtcp/ under the "Tools" and "Papers"
sections respectively.

If you find a use for the code or any bugs in the code/documentation,
we'd be very happy to hear from you.

Cheers,
Lawrence