How to make freebsd updater like cvsup

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 17 00:32:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, Ivo Vachkov wrote:

> or, if your systems are much alike you can export /usr/obj too and make
> buildworld on one server and make installworld on all. it works for me.

If you do this, make sure your build configuration is the same on the two
boxes -- i.e. make.conf/src.conf/etc.  Otherwise you can run into problems
when installworld tries to install conditionally unbuilt components from the
build box's configuration.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge