Merged em driver
delphij at delphij.net
Wed Jul 25 06:46:32 UTC 2007
Jack Vogel wrote:
> The next driver I that I release via Intel channels is going to
> merge the code for 6 and 7. I was thinking that I could check that
> into the tip and it would make the most current version buildable
> on either RELEASE, was wondering if that is looked upon favorably
> or not? I have code ready to do that if getting it into 7.0 would be
I think that if the change is not quite intrusive (e.g. add some ifdef
blocks rather than restructuring the code heavily) then it would be
desirable to have it hit the tree before we branch RELENG_7. However,
if the change would be very late then it would be better to have it
delayed and only "backport" important fixes in a case-by-case manner.
My $0.02 :-)
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 249 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/attachments/20070725/7d4b01f0/signature.pgp
More information about the freebsd-net