soekris/sis tx checksum problems

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 04:36:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:14:14PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
 > On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, David Cornejo wrote:
 >
 > >I eventually reinstalled the OS from a recent snapshot then updated it
 > >to the latest CURRENT and it works fine now :-(
 >
 > Hmm I am using CURRENT from today and I culd see the issue.
 >
 > I set sysctl net.inet.udp.checksum=0 to get things working temporary.
 >
 > In addition I am backing out a change from May and shall see if that
 > helps.

I've looked over sis_encap() and it seems that there is potential
bug for descriptor wrap-around/shortage in bus_dmamap_load loop.
After checking for necessity of m_defrag(9) it blindly assumes
it has enough available Tx descriptors to send the packet.
What if it sill have more fragments than currently available Tx
desciptors after calling m_defrag()?

Unfortunately bus_dma(9) changes for sis(4) requires real hardware
and I don't have it... If I had it I would have fixed it to run
it on sparc64.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon