ng_pptpgre problems: tcp connections reset unexpectedly. TCP guru needed!

Alexander Motin mav at alkar.net
Tue Jan 30 13:16:37 UTC 2007

Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
>>>It seems to work with disabled windowing. If you are interested in
>>>tracking down this, I would be glad to help.
>>
>>I will try to look into it. If you will have some more interesting
>>results send them to me.
>
> I can provide you a pptp peer to connect to. I can reproduce it
> easily from home, I am opening a pptp tunnel over the pppoe
> connection and it happens frequently.

Last night I was thinking of it and I was able to reproduce this
sometimes, but it was not predictable.

For this moment I have no idea about reason of this problem. There is
one problem with windowing in ng_pptpgre and I am now working on it, but
it can only results in packet losses, but not in connection reset.

I think we need some TCP guru to understand this.

Alexander Motin mav at alkar.net
Optima Telecom