IPv6 over gif(4) broken in 6.2-RELEASE?

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Mon Jan 22 10:16:51 UTC 2007

Bruce A. Mah wrote:
>> and later I found out it was caused by commit 1.48.2.16:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-December/031853.html
>
> This isn't consistent with what I'm finding.  For one thing, rev.
> 1.48.2.16 of nd6.c isn't in 6.2-RELEASE but I saw the problem there
> anyways.  Also, that's not the change I made to my local sources to get
> my gif(4) tunnel working.  Are you sure about this?  :-)

I'm following -STABLE, and 1.48.2.16 is in there.  Since it was
committed on 29 Nov, I suspected it would end up in -RELEASE, but
apparently not. :)

I explicitly tried reverting just this one commit, and for me it solved
the problem (i.e. the automagical addition of needed routing entries).

So for you, reverting the combination of 1.48.2.14 and .15 works?  Maybe
there is something else involved too, for example the route command
itself?

I'll have to experiment a bit further, I guess.