[Reply] Need help with Broadcom (BCM43XX) WLAN

Vincent Howell darkvincentdude at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 21:16:36 UTC 2007

Re-sent to bring message upfront.

  I'm using MFC'd one for RELENG_6:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/compat/ndis/subr_ntoskrnl.c?rev=1.71.2.6&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&sortby=date

  I was getting more "missing feature" errors before trying the patch and upgrading to 6.2-STABLE.I've tried a half a dozen different drivers and none of them worked. But even if they did, I would only want to use driver version 4.100.15.5 or newer because it contains a fix for a nasty security hole on Windows that could indirectly affect BSD via NDISwrapper.

  Maybe I should try contacting Sam Leffler by email to see if he could modify his patch to fix my problem?

  All the hardware on my laptop seems to be working. Even ACPI is working (or at least partially, battery reading works, Suspend to RAM almost works (little tweaking?), etc. I would hate to give up simply because a patch needs modifying inorder for my WNIC to operate.

Kip Macy <kip.macy at gmail.com> wrote:
  Sam Leffler recently added a new entry in -CURRENT for the part. I
think the change needs to MFC'd. Perhaps someone (Max?) could do that.

-Kip