Problem with IBM NetXtreme 1000-T GigaEthernet Adapter

Senandung Mendonan mendonan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 09:02:15 UTC 2007

Hi list,

A late followup on this issue. Due to physical location constraints
and production environment, I finally have the chance to relook into
this issue. I'm planning to perform these actions tomorrow:-

1. Apply Doug's IPMI patches from
http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/bge_ipmi.patch (actually the 6.2-specific
version at http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/bge_ipmi_6.2.patch )

2. If situation persists, a "short test on the DEVICE_POLLING
facility, and post the kern.polling.lost_polls", as recommended by
David in his last message in this thread.

However, I'm running out of time -- the customer already demanded a
solution last year :) . Therefore, if above fails, I need to donate
one of these NICs to anyone out there (preferably the driver
developers), who's willing to figure out the necessary kludges or
whatever to make it work (FOC or paid for).

Anyone interested, please reply to me privately.

Thank you! :)

p.s. the summary of this issue is available in my blog here:-
http://absolute-p.ath.cx/2006/10/05/freebsd-problem-with-ibm-netxtreme-1000-t-gigaethernet-adapter/