ifconfig: BRDGADD vr1: Invalid argument

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Dec 11 21:40:47 PST 2007

> Ah.  Well the only other thing i noticed (after posting) was that each
> of vr1 to vr3 showed as UP, but:
>>         media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
>>         status: no carrier
> but I don't know whether that should matter?

man page says not.  and if i put ath0 first, which has
carrier/association, i get the barfola on ath0

# ifconfig ath0
ath0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        ether 00:0b:6b:83:59:25
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect <hostap>
(autoselect <hostap>)
        status: associated
        ssid rgnet-aden channel 4 (2427 Mhz 11g) bssid 00:0b:6b:83:59:25
        authmode OPEN privacy ON deftxkey UNDEF wepkey 1:104-bit txpowmax 38
        bmiss 7 scanvalid 60 bgscan bgscanintvl 300 bgscanidle 250
        roam:rssi11g 14 roam:rate11g 5 protmode CTS burst dtimperiod 1
        bintval 100
# ifconfig bridge0 addm ath0 addm vr1 up
ifconfig: BRDGADD ath0: Invalid argument