How to access the values of the kenv variables in driver code?
olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Sep 19 03:55:37 PDT 2006
sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com wrote:
> I would like to have some of the configuration parameters of my driver
> to be present as part of the /boot/device.hints file. After adding a
> variable I could see that variable and it's value as part of kevn's
> Can any one please let me know how to access the value of these
> variables in my drive code?
* The unified bootloader passes us a pointer to a preserved copy of
* bootstrap/kernel environment variables. We convert them to a
* dynamic array of strings later when the VM subsystem is up.
* We make these available through the kenv(2) syscall for userland
* and through getenv()/freeenv() setenv() unsetenv() testenv() for
* the kernel.
The following shell command will give you lots of examples:
find /usr/src/sys -name "*.c" | xargs grep -w getenv
Oliver Fromme, secnetix GmbH & Co. KG, Marktplatz 29, 85567 Grafing
Dienstleistungen mit Schwerpunkt FreeBSD: http://www.secnetix.de/bsd
Any opinions expressed in this message may be personal to the author
and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of secnetix in any way.
C++: "an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog"
-- Steve Taylor, 1998
More information about the freebsd-net