ppp command port does not listens on ipv4 unless no INET6 in kernel

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Sun Sep 17 20:53:50 PDT 2006

Hi,

> AFAIR I had trouble getting that code to work and was advised at
> the time that I'd just get the mapped port for free.  I haven't
> been using IPv6 on production machines for some time, so I haven't
> seen the problem :(
>
> It'd be great if you'd commit the patch if Julian says it works
> ok for him.

jhs> Tested. It Works. Thanks !
jhs> I tested the patch on PPP running under both kernels IPV4+6 & V4only
jhs> just to be sure, it works on both, & allows me to type dial & down
jhs> (all I tried or wanted.)

jhs> Output With patch:
------------------------
jhs> strings /boot/kernel/kernel | grep ___ | grep INET
jhs> ___options INET
jhs> ___options INET6
jhs> sockstat -l
jhs> USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
jhs> root     ppp        939   9  tcp46  *:12345               *:*
------------------------
jhs> strings /boot/kernel/kernel | grep ___ | grep INET
jhs> ___options INET
jhs> ___# options INET6
jhs> sockstat -l
jhs> USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
jhs> root     ppp        931   9  tcp4   *:12345               *:*
------------------------
jhs> Old V4+6 Kernel pre patch:
jhs>  USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
jhs>  root     ppp        1020  9  tcp6   *:12345               *:*

jhs> I hope it's commited.  (Dont't know if a 2nd tester is needed to verify ?)

Thank you for testing.  I've just committed it.

jhs> Thanks Hajimu :-)

You are welcome.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org