ipfw forward

freebsd at dwec.ru freebsd at dwec.ru
Tue Sep 12 23:50:19 PDT 2006

Hello all

I'm confused a bit.
Here's what I have: a firewall (with address A) and a proxy host (in internal network) with address
B.
Both running latest FBSD 6.1-stable. Addresses are (samples) "A" -192.168.0.1 and "B" - 192.168.0.2.
Both kernel are compiled with options "ipfirewall" and "ipfirewall_forward".
The firewall is supposed to forward outgoing POP3 traffic (from internal LAN) to the proxy (the
obviuos).
The scheme: [internal lan + proxy] <---> [firewall] <---> [elsewhere]
So, on the firewall I add rule "ipfw add fwd B tcp from internal_net to any 110 in recv
internal_intf"
On the proxy server I add rule "ipfw fwd 127.0.0.1,PROXY_PORT tcp from any to any 110".
What I get: I get firewall which is trying to forward packets to default gateway
(plenty of DENIES on the external interface of the firewall).
Question: what am I doing wrong?

PS
 the same configuration works perfectly on FBSD 4.11

Oleg Y. Ivanov
IT Manager
Daewoo Electronics Europe GmbH
Moscow Representative Office