Info required for MLFR testing

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Fri Sep 1 16:17:22 UTC 2006

ASHA GOWDA wrote:

>Hi ,
>
>For testing  MLFR application in the MLFR to FR
>direction, we are sending IP over PPP Packet through
>Adtech Multi Layer ports.
>We need to make some changes in the PPP Header to be
>used for MLFR Traffic.

does mlfr require ppp?
why not just use mlppp?

>Can we know the changes to be made for the same(like
>PID to be used nad seq no....)?
>Our test setup is like this :
>
>Our Target Machine was connected on one side to Adtech
>OC -12 Port and the other side was connected to Multi
>Layer OC-12 Port.

You should probably write a netgraph-capable driver for the card, as teh
frame relay
drivers etc are all netgraph and it will probably make it easier for you
if you do this.

>Multi Layer Port of Adtech was used for MLFR side(MLFR
>to FR side) and general OC-12 Port of Adtech was used
>FR side(FR to MLFR side)

you don't say what release of FreeBSD you are doing this on... (or even
if it IS freeBSD you are using)