FreeBSD-6.1/amd64 bge(4) driver performance problems

Vladimir Terziev vlady at gbservices.biz
Wed Nov 29 08:29:19 PST 2006

	The cable and the switch port, both were one and the same in the test with Broadcom NIC and in the test with D-Link NIC. So, the reason is not in them for sure.

	I didn't mention in my initial e-mail, that since the swtich is 100Mbps, the Broadcom NIC was forced to work on 100mbit, full-duplex. For some reason, when using autodect, the Broadcom NIC negotiates 100mbit, half-duplex.

		Vladimir