New wpi driver

Gábor Kövesdán gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 12 11:07:17 UTC 2006

Attilio Rao wrote:
>> First of all, WPI_PCI_BAR0 might not be defined in this way, but it
>> should really use PCIR_BAR() macro.
>> Then, probabilly, gabor's device I/O space is relative to another BAR,
>> so simply try all 6 using PCIR_BAR(n) where n range is 0-6 until it
>> does allocate.
>
> Sorry, n ranges 0-5... (as I said before 6 different address spaces).
> Today it seems I'm absolutely sleeping... (probabilly I'm too angry to
> have not parecipied at EuroBSDCon...).
>
> Attilio

If I could understand your instructions correctly, I had to change the line
sc->mem_rid = WPI_PCI_BAR0
sc->mem_rid = PCIR_BAR(n)
with all the possible n values from 0 to 5. I tried that but it lead
nowhere, I still got the same output. If you can ping me on IRC this
afternoon, too, I can give you ssh access if you want to take a look.

--
Cheers,

Gabor