Posting restrictions on this mailing list (for spam control)?

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Tue Nov 7 00:14:01 UTC 2006

> The  mailing list denied all the mail from my previous mail box provided by
> Netease(NASDAQ: NTES) from China mainland, even I subscribed to -net, and
> asked me to wait the moderator's approval. But after I changed my mailbox to
> gmail, the filter never returned such message. I don't know why I can't post
> to -net even I subscribed to it. Maybe a misconfiguration?

Maybe your sender address is getting mapped to something else when
it leaves China, & then freebsd.org thinks mail is not from sub'd
address ?   Could be the problem is on the China national internet
gateway that vets what goes in & out of China. It may be someone
in China needs to tell someone on the China gate that @freebsd.org
lists are just technology lists & quite safe to pass.

--
Julian Stacey.  BSD Unix C Net Consultancy, Munich/Muenchen  http://berklix.com
Mail Ascii, not HTML.		Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.