pf.conf + altq problem

Muhammad Reza beastie at mra.co.id
Mon Nov 6 12:09:37 UTC 2006

Dear All.

I start with the simple rule set in my pf bridge machine to limit
bandwidth 3Mbps  from my server on lan to internet and from internet to
my server on lan

my_server_on_lan="172.16.0.228"
internet="202.x.x.x"
lan = "172.16.0.0/16"
altq on xl1 bandwidth 100% cbq queue \ {int_out,dflt_out}
queue int_out       bandwidth 3Mb
queue dflt_out      bandwidth  16Kb cbq (default)

altq on xl2 bandwidth 100% cbq queue {int_in,dflt_in}

queue int_in    bandwidth   3Mb
queue dflt_in   bandwidth  16Kb cbq (default)

pass in on xl1  from any to $lan
pass out on xl1 from $lan to any

pass out  on xl1 from $my_server_on_lan to $internet \ keep state queue
(int_out)

pass in on xl2 from $lan to any keep state
pass out on xl2  from any to $lan  keep state

pass  out  on xl2 from $internet to $my_server_on_lan \ keep state queue
(int_in)

I have done some test with iperf with no luck.
Is there something wrong with this rule set to acompilished my need ?
Please help