IPSEC, isakmpd, tunnel/transport encapsulation...

chris scott chris.scott at uk.tiscali.com
Sat Nov 4 23:44:07 UTC 2006

I tried to setup something exactly like you did. I could do it fine with
freebsd boxes as I would do it via username not ip. Never really got the
problem sorted for windows though. I ended up using openVPN instead. I
would seriously recommend you try this solution as its far easier to
setup. Being as it runs over udp or tcp it running into no issues with
NAT like you do with IPSEC. If you run the server on tcp port 443 you
can also get it to run through corp firewalls that require you to use a
web proxy.

Chris