netgraph on disc(4)

Yann Berthier yb at bashibuzuk.net
Tue May 30 05:00:31 PDT 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006, at 15:51, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

> On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 09:43:19PM +0200, Yann Berthier wrote:
> Y>
> Y>    Hello Gleb,
> Y>
> Y>    err, sorry for the forward if you saw the thread already but, have
> Y>    you any input on this ? that's not critical but still, i see value in
> Y>    being able to use ng_netflow on traffic flowing on dummy interfaces
> Y>    (lo, disc, ...)
>
> I've have written some code to wrap any interface some time ago. Here
> it is attached. Sorry, I didn't ever used it and not sure it is compilable
> on recent FreeBSD versions.

   Many thanks - so, it compiles on a one month old -CURRENT, but it
   fails when i try to use it on a loopback interface - i'm able to wrap
   a real one though:

mkpeer ifwrap qq upper
name .:qq wrap_disc0
disconnect .:qq
msg wrap_disc0: attach "disc0"
ngctl: send msg: Operation not supported

   Anyway, do others see an interest in it ? would it be worth
   integrating it into the tree ? Except for ng_netflow over loopback
   links, would there be other consumers of this feature ?

      - yann