disable kernel driver at boot?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu May 18 10:40:50 UTC 2006

sfp <mosfet at planet.eon.net> wrote:

 > > As I said, that's simple:  Remove the driver from your
 > > kernel configuration, then recompile the kernel.  Easy.
 >
 > True.  That should have read, suppress from the loader.

As stated several times, you cannot "unload" a driver which
is compiled statically into the kernel.

If you're afraid of compiling your own kernel, I suggest
you have a look at the appropriate chapter in the Handbook.
It is quite easy.

Best regards
   Oliver

"When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb."
        -- Steve Haflich, in comp.lang.c++