vlan/bridge problems..

Evren Yurtesen yurtesen at ispro.net
Sat May 13 12:42:54 UTC 2006

Doug Ambrisko wrote:

> Julian Elischer writes:
> | Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> | > Well, I think vlans do not bridge on 4.x
> |
> | that may or may not be true.. I think I have seen it working..
> | I think netgraph bridging should work.
>
> Only if doing netgraph vlan.  Not if_vlan.
>
> | it may depend of whether you are doing hardware vlan tagging.
>
> I disable HW vlan support.
>
> Doug A.

I have to admit. ng_vlan seems much more difficult to use somehow.
I have been going through the manual pages of netgraph but it somehow
doesnt make sense to read bits and pieces. Not that I am blaming anybody
for bad documentation, I need to sit down and read slowly :)

I would prefer to use 5.x or 6.x instead. The fact is that my needs are
so simple that it is not worth messing with netgraph (I think)

Thanks anyway,
Evren