IPMI and bge (again)

Robert Wojciechowski robertw at ssginnovations.com
Thu May 4 05:45:15 UTC 2006

> | I tried your patch (as well as one from you on 1/13/2006) on FreeBSD
> | 6.1-RC2 but experienced hard lockups. It happens during startup
right
> | after setting the hostname, right before it would normally bring up
the
> | interface I believe.
>
> Could you try:
> 	http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/bge_ipmi_2.patch
>
> Try this version.  If this has trouble we can try to add some debug
> stuff to it.

Doug,

Thanks for the response. I applied the patch from home and rebooted one
of our servers at work and it isn't coming back up. I only saw a few
pings go through on the IPMI IP address for a bit, then nothing at all.
It froze up hard.

If you want to throw debugging code in there I can do anything you need
to trace this down!

Thanks!

-- Robert