New version of iwi(4) - Call for testers [regression!]

Darren Pilgrim darren.pilgrim at bitfreak.org
Tue Mar 21 04:45:41 UTC 2006

Max Laier wrote:

> Let me clear up some things here:
> 1) This is not "mine" driver.  It's Damien's with a lot of patches that I hope
> to test by putting out this version.

My sincerest apologies to Damien and everyone involved.  I was going by
historical convention where when someone posts a new, out-of-tree driver or
patch-set it's "theirs."  Further following tradition, how does "iwiNG" sound?

> 3) The aim is to merge the changes in "my" driver to CVS modulo regressions.
> That is why I am mostly interested in side-by-side testing.  I will put out a
> new tarball later this week that will help with that.  If you already did
> some such testing, I'd be happy to hear your results.

Using the stock driver, I get hard lock-ups during interface configuration,
wpa_supplicant crashes, dhclient crashes, firmware "fatal errors" and device
wedges that require a reboot.  In the same world and kernel, the iwiNG
driver has absolutely none of these problems.