New version of iwi(4) - Call for testers

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Sun Mar 19 23:20:56 UTC 2006

Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> Max Laier wrote:

>  >>
>>> The new driver didn't pass cvsup test at my laptop :(
>>> It fails large file upload either.
>>>
>>> It's definitely a flow control problem. Is taskqueue designed to address
>>> this?
>>
>> We found that this problem is completely unrelated to iwi, but a
>> general problem with software encryption in net80211.  This should be
>> fixed with ieee80211_output.c rev. 1.40 and will be MFCed shortly.
>> Note that this uses m_unshare, which also is not yet in RELENG_6.
>
> Are you referring to the problem in cvsup tests where it will suddenly
> stop with a "Network write failure" error?

Yes.  The issue was that when crypto was done in the host it was
sometimes being done in-place on mbufs still owned by the socket
(exactly when depended on a lot of things but turning down the mtu
increased the likelihood).  If this happened and tcp retransmitted the
previously encrypted data then it would send garbage.

As Max said this was in the net80211 layer and affected all drivers
depending on the host to do crypto.  It'll get mfc'd this week (re
permitting).

	Sam