problem with Marwell gigabit performance

OxY oxy at field.hu
Wed Mar 15 20:57:41 UTC 2006

after further testing and transferred for a couple hours i realized that
the performance is ok, not changed dramatically
(the server was slow when i measured 9mb/s..)
but the load!
when i used ftp before the load increased to ~2.0, but
now it's 4.5! changed back to the original driver and got 2.0 again..
would you guys give me an advice what to buy? 3com or intel?
(i heard em(4) driver is not too good..)
thx!