Best Firmware for wi(4)? (Re: wi(4) Problems with FreeBSD AP to WinXP)

Crist J. Clark cristjc at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 07:57:02 UTC 2006

I thought upgrading the firmware might be the answer, so
I went to the latest primary and station revisions that
I could find, 1.01.01 and 1.08.04, repectively. This turned
out to not be a great idea. Now things are pretty much totally
borked. Even the stuff that worked before now doesn't work
at all. It doesn't even really function well in non-hostap
mode.

Anyone have recommendations for the best firmware version
for a Netgear MA311,

  wi0: <Intersil Prism2.5> mem 0xfffbf000-0xfffbffff irq 10 at device 19.0 on pci0
  wi0: 802.11 address: 00:09:5b:69:95:74
  wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3874A(Mini-PCI)
  wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.01.01, Station 1.08.04

  wi0 at pci0:19:0:  class=0x028000 card=0x41051385 chip=0x38731260 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
      vendor   = 'Intersil Americas Inc (Was: Harris Semiconductor)'
      device   = 'PRISM 2.5 802.11b 11Mbps Wireless Controller'
      class    = network

Running on a 4.11-RELEASE-p13 system? I am aware of the CAVEAT
section of wi(4), but the info in there is about three years
old.

(While we're at it, how about the best revision for a Netgear
MA401RA on RELENG_5?)