Carp on vlan with em driver

Yar Tikhiy yar at comp.chem.msu.su
Mon Mar 6 13:34:23 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:37:32PM -0500, Christopher McGee wrote:
> Yar Tikhiy wrote:

> >>I have run this patch and when it asks for the file to be patched, I
> >>specify /usr/src/sys/dev/em/if_em.c and I get the following output:
> >>
> >>File to patch: sys/dev/em/if_em.c
> >>Patching file sys/dev/em/if_em.c using Plan A...
> >>patch: **** malformed patch at line 23: @@ -1681,6 +1687,13 @@
> >>
> >>Am I doing something wrong?
> >>

> >The patch in the posting seems just broken by some mail software
> >or whatever.  Here's the diff from my local CVS I used to use in
> >RELENG_5 almost a year ago.  I have no idea if it will work for you.
> >Be prepared to apply it by hand, should it fail to apply via patch.
> >It's rather small though.
> >

> Is this something that will be applied to 5.x - RELEASE at some point?

5.5 will be the last RELEASE on the 5.x line, so it's the last
chance now.  Alas, I don't feel myself competent enough just to
apply this to RELENG_5 instantly because I haven't really followed
the development of RELENG_5 for quite a while.  Let's ask Gleb
Smirnoff if he believes it is OK to make the change in question.
Adding him to Cc:.  Gleb, thanks in advance for your valuable
opinion! :-)

As for my dealing with this issue, I just upgraded my 5.x systems
to 6-STABLE at last. It was completely painless because 5.x and 6.x
didn't differ radically in the system-to-admin interface, such as
configuration files etc.

--
Yar