Installation of Freebsd 5.4 release

Surekha b.surekha at samsung.com
Thu Mar 2 04:16:32 PST 2006

Hi,

I want to install the Kame version of MIPv6 for FreeBSD.

I downloaded the following snap:

kame-20060220-freebsd54-snap.tar

and tried to install on a machine which already has FreeBSD 5.2.1 release.

It is giving some config error as follows:

ERROR: version of config(8) does not match kernel!
    config version = 500012, version required = 500013

    Make sure that /usr/src/usr.sbin/config is in sync
    with your /usr/src/sys and install a new config binary
    before trying this again.

    If running the new config fails check your config
    file against the GENERIC or LINT config files for
    changes in config syntax, or option/device naming
    conventions

I don't have the source code of FreeBSD 5.2.1 release.

Please help me in resolving it.

Thanks,

Surekha.