iwi stability when doing large file transfers/backups

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Mar 1 12:52:21 PST 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 20:56, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:33:42PM +0100, Anders Nordby wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having great difficulties taking backup of my laptop computer. It's
> > a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E8020 system with a Intel PRO/Wireless
> > 2915ABG NIC. I'm connected to a FreeBSD hostap, using WPA2 (CCMP/AES).
> >
> > Updating to 6-STABLE (6.1-PRERELEASE) seems to have improved the
> > stability of the iwi driver quite a bit, but when doing large file
> > transfers (in this case rsyncing all the data from the laptop through
> > SSH), I always and oftenly get:
> >
> > Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.
> >
> > The messages comes from SSH, so it seems to be getting corrupted data.
> > Is anyone looking into that? Is there any fixes or settings that should
> > be tried? How are people's experience with iwi? Am I the only one to
> > have problems with it?
>
> I am using RELENG_6 on my dell latitude x1 and
> i have been getting ssh's "corrupted data" messages with 'iwi' since
> i started using the native driver back in september.
> After the update at the end of january the driver would consistently
> crash my laptop right after loading the firmware (i suspect some kind
> of race condition) so i had a hard time for a couple of weeks until
> i replaced it with the code that Max Laier and Sam Leffler gave me
> (using the 'firmware' driver from RELENG_7).
> Since then the driver is solid as a rock, but the "corrupt data"
> thing keeps happening, especially with bulk data transfers such as
> scp, although occasionally i get them with http accesses too.

ahrg, still didn't get to putting out the RELENG_6 version of the driver.
Luigi, can you share your version.  Should be easy now since firmware has
been MFCed.  I'd really like to see people testing this version and let us
know what works and what not.  I hope to find some time to do something about
that then.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org