Can't turn on Jumbo Frames on bge0

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Sat Jun 10 00:06:18 UTC 2006

п'ятниця 09 червень 2006 19:57, Brad написав:
> There is a mistake on that web-page. None of Broadcom's PCI Express
> chipsets support Jumbo frames.

Indeed. Our bge(4) manual page says:

     The BCM570x also supports jumbo frames, which can be configured via the
     interface MTU setting.  Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the
     ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit jumbo
     frames.  Using jumbo frames can greatly improve performance for certain
     tasks, such as file transfers and data streaming.

Mine is BCM5751 -- I guess, I'm out of luck...

	-mi