IBM Blade HS20, BCM5704S

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 7 09:51:08 PDT 2006

Hi,

on every new release I try to install FBSD on a IBM Blade HS20 with above
Broadcom GB card - and always fail. :)

I just would like to know if it *should* be possible to have a working
installation.

The problem is that I can install the system itself but cannot configure the
networking adapter:
media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseSX (full-duplex))
status: no carrier

Using "ifconfig bge0 media [100baseTX|1000baseTX]" results in
ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA (media): Device not configured

Is there a chance to set up FBSD on a HS20 succesfully, or not?

Thanks, Helmut

PS: If you are rejected by GMX, use: donotspam at arcor.de