CNR Replacement

Jon Otterholm jon.otterholm at ide.resurscentrum.se
Tue Jun 6 10:59:14 PDT 2006

Hi.

I am searching for a BSD-based CNR replacement. CNR (Cisco Network
Registrar) is basicly a DHCP server that puts IF-routes on a router when
a client has leased an IP-address. When the lease expires the IF-route
is removed from the router.

This functionality together with IP-less VLAN-IF's and a local loopback
IF (client gateway) offers a solution where you maximize IP usage and
also getting a tracelog.

Has anyone out there built a similar solution on FreeBSD? I would very
much like to replace my SiliconValey based proprietary solution with one
based on FreeBSD. What are my chances?

/J