SCTP

Randall Stewart rrs at cisco.com
Wed Jul 5 15:35:50 UTC 2006

Bascially there are two socket models that
can be used by SCTP..

sd = socket(AF_INETX, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_SCTP);

or

sd = socket(AF_INETX, SOCK_SEQPACKET, IPPROTO_SCTP);

The first one will then look JUST like TCP... aka you
can take ANY TCP app you have and it will work... only
thing you might need to do is convert TCP_MAXSEG
and TCP_NODELAY socket option calls to ones with SCTP
instead...

This is how I quickly converted several fun utilities..

The second model looks like UDP more or less. You
still need to do a listen() but other than that
you can just send and recv data...

Now George also convert his packet pounder program
(don't remember the name.. Geroge?)... and
if you want I can place a tar-ball of some app
programs up that I use for testing.. but of course ..sigh.. there
is no documenation .. so it might not be to useful :-0

Let me knof if you want a tarball up on sctp.org of app code :-0

Marcin Jessa wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 17:46:48 +0900
> gnn at freebsd.org wrote:
>

>>At Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:36:10 -0400,
>>randall wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all:
>>>
>>>The following link:
>>>
>>>http://www.sctp.org/cvs_diff_6_30.bz2
>>>
>>>Will get you a large patch that you can apply to Current that will
>>>add SCTP.
>>>
>>>Its a bzip2 patch file since it is so large :-D
>>>
>>>It includes the changes to a few base files.. and mainly its the
>>>complete files diff'd against this mornings current cvs...
>>>
>>>Yes, I know that the build is broken in acpi/acpi_asus but the sctp
>>>code did compile and build a kernel for me... so once the above is
>>>fixed.. you should be able to use the patch and check it out :-D
>>>
>>>Oh, you will need to add
>>>
>>>option SCTP
>>>
>>>to your kernel conf... and it might not
>>>hurt to do a make sysent in sys/kern
>>>
>>>I will prepare a seperate file for the overall libsctp.a
>>>once I figure out where it should go :-D
>>>
>>>Happy SCTPing.. and if you have any problems with the patch please
>>>send me an email :-D
>>
>>And please start testing this because many of us want to integrate
>>this in the near future :-)
>

> Any hints on how to test SCTP ?
> Not much really about any practical implementation of it
> on http://www.sctp.org/
>
> Marcin.

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.