Ftpd problems

Iassen Anadoliev korio at korio.org
Sat Jan 28 05:12:28 PST 2006

Hello guys i hope  this is the appropriate list so...

I am running a ftp server and have some problems with
large files. While syncing files over 4GB with rsync there is no problem:

ls -lha
-rw-------  1 support  support   4.2G Nov 14 19:46 somefile.data

But when i try to download the file it fails:

ftp> get somefile.data
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||56293|)
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 'somefile.data' (4475322368
bytes).
  4% |*                                    |   172 MB    6.41 MB/s    10:38
ETA
226 Transfer finished due to premature end of file.
180355072 bytes received in 00:26 (6.41 MB/s)

Both client and server are running FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE cvsuped 5 days ago.
Googling doesn't help me and I am just wondering is there some hard limit
 like 4GB. While reading man ftpd(8) i couldn't find anything about such
limit  but the strange thing is that totalsize-downloadedsize = ~4GB. The
second one is that size and get commands shows the filesize right.So any
help will be appreciated...

10x in advance