MPD and client behind firewall

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at b4br.net
Wed Jan 18 10:29:24 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 18:01 +0300, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

> Masquarading GRE protocol, which is used by PPTP as transport, isn't
> simple. Not all NATs can do this. If you are going to server a lot
> of clients connecting from random places in the world, then you will
> face this problem time to time.

So, I'll desist to use PPTP, because my clients are from random places.
Many thanks for this information!

> Can you check whether iptables support NATing PPTP?

Yes, but with some limitations...

Now, please, what can I do use on FreeBSD to my objectives?

Very Thanks!

Tiago Cruz
http://linuxrapido.org
Linux User #282636

"The box said: Requires MS Windows or better, so I installed Linux"