Help with CARP implementation

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at b4br.net
Thu Jan 12 09:35:58 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 18:45 +0300, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

> There are examples in 'man 4 carp'.

Yes, I've read all the FAQ from OpenBSD from CARP, man pages of carp and
pfsync. But the better article about this I found here:

http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9658/sam0505e/

Following this I can do my redundancy in my LAN interface, BUT:

When I has downloading something, and do a reboot in MASTER firewall,
the download is not continued.

Is because I have 02 external links, one in each WAN interface?
What arp balance do exactly? It will be good for my?
And... I need to use ifstated?

So, very thanks a lot!

--

Tiago Cruz
http://linuxrapido.org

"The box said: Requires MS Windows or better, so I installed Linux"