if_bridge FreeBSD 6.0 on a Broadcom interface not working
leimy2k at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:37:42 PST 2006
On 1/6/06, Andrew Thompson <thompsa at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:23:33PM -0800, David Leimbach wrote:
> > To whom it may concern.
> > I've been using qemu with the vde port [until recently, the qemu port is too
> > far ahead of the vde one now] on an x86 machine with FreeBSD 6 and using
> > if_bridge to connect the tap0 interface with xl0 with great success.
> > I tried to duplicate this configuration on a dual opteron machine that has
> > Broadcom adapters and when I add the bge0 or bge1 interfaces to the bridge0
> > iface that I create I lose all connectivity. The moment I destroy the
> > bridge0 interface, bge0 or bge1 as it may be begins responding again.
> The only thing the bridge does to the interface is put it in PROMISC
> mode, can you try using tcpdump or similar to see if that is whats
> causing the problem.
Thanks for the tip... I'll give it a shot and see what's going on.
More information about the freebsd-net