Proxy

Phil Regnauld regnauld at catpipe.net
Thu Jan 5 08:44:33 PST 2006

Douglass, Erik (EDouglass) writes:
> Hello,
>

> I know this may sound as if I am biting off a bit more than I can chew
> as I don't have much exp with FreeBSD or Unix.  I work at a hotel, and
> have been tasked to implement a proxy for all of the guest rooms that
> displays an html legal disclaimer that the guest has to agree to in
> order to get out.  I have chosen to use FreeBSD as I do have some (very
> minimal) experience with it.  I don't expect a full step by step, but if
> anyone could throw me some key words, tips, etc to get my internet
> searches started I would be most thankful.

	You are looking for what's called a captive gateway.

	Try looking at www.m0n0.ch/wall (m0n0wall) to start with.

> Any tips on how to -
>
> Set up a proxy/router
>
> Serve the web page that needs to be agreed to before it allows one out.

	They're not very complicated tasks, you should start by looking at:

 NoCatAuth is our original "catch and release" captive portal
implementation. It provides a simple splash screen web page for clients
on your network, as well as a variety of authenticated modes. It is
written in Perl.

 NoCatSplash is the C port of NoCatAuth. It currently supports a
splash screen (also known as "open mode") and has beta support for
authenticated access.

 http://nocat.net/