pppoed patch

Andre Luiz dos Santos andre at netvision.com.br
Mon Feb 27 16:02:46 PST 2006

I've written a patch for pppoed.c 1.24 that adds the following options:

-c <procs> Maximum number of processes pppoed can run simultaneously.
-m <procs/mac> Same as -c but per MAC address.
-t <secs> A pppoed child must start ppp in this many seconds or die.

For -m and -f: -1 means no limit, 0 means forbidden.

http://thiago.joi.com.br/andre/pppoed.patch.gz
Feedback is welcome.

What I wanted to do was "-m 0 -f macs -t 10": only allow connections from MAC
addresses listed in the file "macs" and never run more than one process
simultaneously for a single MAC address. And pppoed processes that don't
start ppp in 10 seconds should die.
Is there some way to do the same thing without this patch?

Thank you.