bsnmpd (was: 64-bit SNMP counters for FreeBSD && graphing bandwidth usage)

Harti Brandt hartmut.brandt at dlr.de
Wed Feb 15 01:58:26 PST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

GS>On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:58:21AM +0100, Anders Nordby wrote:
GS>A> Some things popping off my mind:
GS>
GS>- A SMUX interface, allowing a process to provide a MIB branch
GS>  available via bsnmpd. May be in future I will have time to
GS>  make a SNMP branch in mpd, that will allow to manage a PPP
GS>  access concetrator via SNMP.

Actually an agentx interface would be nice, but that's non-trivial, to put
it mild. Currently I use shared memory in all projects where the daemon
needs to communicate with other programs.

SMUX might be a starting point though. I'll put it on the list as soon as
I get my login-name/password recovered for the WiKi :-)

harti