bsnmpd

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 14 13:15:50 PST 2006

Harti Brandt wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Anders Nordby wrote:

> AN>- Ability to chroot itself (yes please, for security).
>
> I don't have enough rc-foo for this. Perhaps someone can jump in here?

This actually isn't all that hard. Basically you set $name_chroot to the
directory it should chroot too. It's also a good idea to include that
directory in required_dirs. If the bsnmpd binary has it's own chroot command
line option, take a look at how rc.d/named does it in HEAD. Otherwise, there
are notes in /etc/rc.subr and, the freebsd-rc@ list stands ready to help. :)

Doug