Multicast not working as it did(?)

Jouke Witteveen j.witteveen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 14:37:11 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to make wpa_supplicant work with wired drivers in FreeBSD
(see [1] too).
I copied some code from mtest (last updatet 3 years ago, but still
present by default) and ran into a problem.
When deleting a multicast address that was added with SIOCADDMULTI
FreeBSD spits up a NOENT. All I can think of is that the address never
got added. This seems to be possible, since my modified wpa_supplicant
driver does not receive any packets.
This behaviour is tested with 3c905TX (xl) and a Davicom 902 (dc) card.
Any help on this issue is welcome, I suggest a review of mtest.c for
the latest versions of FreeBSD.

regards,
- Jouke

[1] http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2006-December/014776.html