wpi (Intel 3945) driver

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Mon Dec 25 16:37:08 PST 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
> I don't have the knowledge to work on it, but I'd like to test your version.
> I always had allocation issues with a wpi driver that was flying over and
> over threads and could never get it to work, so I really would like to test
> your one if you could upload it somewhere. Or I can make a mirror if you
> don't have the opportunity.

So far I've made no changes that would make a difference to initial
attach.  I wonder if you could set wpi_debug to 5 (on line 78 of
wpi/if_wpi.c) and recompile the module, then:

reboot
sysctl debug.bootverbose=1
kldload wpi_ucode/wpi_ucode.ko
kldload wpi/if_wpi.ko
(if that's not enough to demonstrate the problem, recreae it now)

and send me all lines that are output (they should make their way to
/var/log/messages ), along with the output of pciconf -l

Thanks!

Gavin