UDP lite for FreeBSD

Bruce M. Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 18 18:12:27 PST 2006

dave jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone working on implementing UDP lite in FreeBSD? If not,
> I'd like to work on it.
Nope. I just skimmed the RFC and it sounds like a bit of a hack, though
I am sure it can be done cleanly in the source tree without unnecessary
code duplication or interference at the user-kernel boundary.

I look forward to seeing patches for this. It would be interesting to
see if hardware checksum offloading can be taught to do it, cleanly,
though I imagine that is something much further down the line.

Regards,
BMS