stop bittorrents

Ivo Vachkov ivo.vachkov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 16:17:57 PST 2006

I'm not familiar with bittorrent protocol but I guess you can always
implement simple L7 filter using ipfw rules to divert packets to a custom
daemon that can parse the data and drop torrent packets. I did something
similar for ICQ several years ago.

On 12/14/06, Julian H. Stacey <jhs at flat.berklix.net> wrote:

> > Thus you'd still achieve your ideal of
> > avoiding spending money rather than your time on it :-)
>
> Sorry, I wrote that wrongly, I meant:
>   Thus you'd still spend money & still save spending your own work time on
> it.
>
> --
> Julian Stacey.  BSD Unix C Net Consultancy, Munich/Muenchen
> http://berklix.com
> Mail Ascii, not HTML.           Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.
>                         http://berklix.org/free-software

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to
understand the simplicity." Dennis Ritchie