VLAN implementation

Srini vasa chirisum at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 03:41:14 PST 2006

Thanks a lot. I had another related question.

In the afore mentioned case of two VLANs (vlan1 and vlan2), if we receive a
VLAN enabled frame on vlan1 (e.g. ICMP echo) and we need to generate an ARP
request to figure out the MAC of the source (who sent the original frame),
which interface will the ARP request go on???

Does the ARP module keep track of which vlan interface the original frame
came in??? I do not see that anywhere in the code.

Regards,
Shreeni