resolver inside a jail

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Dec 11 13:39:18 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 09:34:22AM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
>
> [loopback address in jail]
> >Is this something I should open a bug report for?
>
> No, it's a well known "feature" of jails that INADDR_LOOPBACK gets
> translated to the jails address. There is no INADDR_LOOPBACK inside a
> jail - check ifconfig ;)

It's more that it looks like the resolver is taking the configuration
from /etc/resolv.conf on the hostmachine instead of saying "I can't
translate the name foo.bar into an IP address".

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/